fix for Epson C90




A few years back I bought a printer in hurry. It was an Epson C90. Later only I found out that it was a total cartridge eater. It has 4 separate cartridges(CYMK) and it won't print in black, even if any other cartridge is missing or empty! I got really frustrated and threw it away. But now I have found a solution and it seems to work just fine.

It's called a refillable ink system. It mimics the original epson cartridges and is refillable with liquid ink that is very cheap. It is also environmentally friendly because you don't have to throw away any plastic because you are reusing the same cartridge over and over again.

These are not still available in Sri Lanka. I tried unity plaza and they only offered the continuous ink system which costs Rs. 8000 and is bulky. They are not worth for your everyday use home printer. They are often used in places where mass printing is done like in book shops near our university (University of Moratuwa).


In this pack there came 4 cartridges. They nicely fit my printer. Only my black and cyan cartridges were empty so I only replaced them. The shop owner said to use them all at the same time or else it won't work. But it did!



There are two plugs in a cartridge. One is to refill, and the other is the air vent. Make sure you pull out the correct plug before starting to print. There were no instructions in the box. The instructions were on their website.








1 comments:

Rory Fugerson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment